27 December 2011

Isabel

Hello!

Here's a special painting, a Christmas gift for a great pal of mine who is always there encouraging me with my art. This is her daughter, Isabel - what a great subject! I've painted Isabel before, when she was much younger, and it's lovely to paint her again and have a record of her growing up.


Painting pictures (especially portraits) for other people can be rather a fraught process - you want it to be as good as you can possibly manage. Most of the stuff I paint is destined for storage in a box under the bed or on a shelf, or will hang in my own home because it's painted for me; having the added impetus of painting for someone else (or for an exhibition) certainly focuses the mind (no bad thing!).

Watercolour, 8 by 10" on 140lb Arches NOT.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you - fab Christmas present! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Phew, glad you like it! I think she has ended up a little chubbier-cheeked than I intended!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nicely done, Sharon. Love the expression and those soft tones.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails