13 March 2012

Fun with tulips

Hello everyone!

Last time I went to our local Farmers' Market I bought a couple of bunches of tulips, with the intention of doing some drawing and sketching... so, here they are...

First off, a sketch in ink (Staedtler triplus fineliner pens)


Next, a sketch in biro of the whole bunch. Was trying to get a feel of the way they seemed to explode out of the vase...


After this I decided to try a couple of watercolour sketches, both 5 by 7".



And finally, a week or so later, I got the fineliner pens out again for some more sketching...

So all in all I think I did fairly well out of these flowers. I do prefer drawing/sketching/painting them when they're past their best - they seem so much more interesting then!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails