20 April 2012

Out and about sketching

Had to pop into town yesterday (St Ives, in Cambridgeshire), so I thought I'd take the opportunity to do a bit of sketching.


It was, of course, raining again, and as I was a bit early for my appointment I sat in the car and sketched some soggy-looking sheep in the field (wet-look knitwear anyone?!)


I did actually manage to dodge the showers for long enough to sit and draw the bridge and chapel in town. This is usually a busy spot, with people feeding the swans and ducks, but the rain had kept everyone away (apart from the mad woman with the sketchbook...)


The residents were still there of course. One cheeky mallard gently pecked at my foot the whole time I was sat sketching. Subtle hint I think - I'll remember to take some bread with me next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails