22 June 2012

Out and about down on the farm


Last weekend was Open Farm Sunday, and as one of the stallholders at our local farmers' market was joining in I decided to go along.

Cambria Farm is near Ely in Cambridgeshire, and they raise rare-breed pigs along with sheep and chickens. I took a stack of photos (just how cute are piglets??) but as it was fairly busy, it took a while for me to pluck up the courage to break out the sketchbook!

Anyway, the sketches on the day included these ones:



This is an Oxford Sandy and Black sow enjoying a snooze...


And these two pages are of Gloucester Old Spot piglets, also snoozing - the only time at which I had any hope of sketching them! The watercolour washes were added later, as time was of the essence for grabbing the ink sketches.

I'm now regretting that I didn't do more... a lesson for the future I think...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails